TAC Teachers' Conference Weekend (TCW and AGM) 2018 Programme
July 27 - 29, 2018
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Summer Event registration is now open! Registration forms can be accessed from the Teachers' Conference Weekend menu
Early bird registration has been extended until June 20, 2018.
The registration link also appears on the Summer School and TCW menus.
Teachers of Scottish Country Dance who have obtained Level 1 (Units 1, 2 & 3 or the Prelim) or Level 2 (Units 4 & 5 or Full) Certificates from the RSCDS, as well as Associate Members, and who are current TAC Members are eligible to attend all events at the TAC Teachers' Conference Weekend.
Associate Members can participate in all weekend events, including the Annual General Meeting, but are not eligible to vote.
For registration fees, go to
For questions relating to TCW please contact the Director
TCW participants who stay on for Summer School will receive both the TCW and Summer School information in their registration package on Friday, July 27th.
Friday July 27 2018
- 2:00 - 6:00 pm On-site event registration
- 3:00 on Residence room check-in starts
- 5:00 - 6:30 pm Dinner
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm Area Reps Meeting
- 7:15 pm Short orientation/welcome
- 7:30 pm TCW Welcome Dance (see below for dance programme and how to access briefs, diagrams, videos)
- 10:00 pm After-dance party
Saturday July 28 2018
- 7:00 - 8:30 am Breakfast
- 9:00 - 11:15 am Morning class
- 11:15 - noon TACSound and TACTalk hours (and other times as posted)
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 2:00 pm AGM meeting
- 5:30 - 6:15 pm TCW Reception
- 6:15 - 7:45 pm TCW Banquet
- 8:00 pm TCW Grand March
- 8:15 - 11:30 pm TCW Ball (see below for dance programme and how to access briefs, diagrams, videos)
- 11:30 pm After-ball party
Sunday July 29 2018
- 8:30 - 9:30 am Breakfast
- 10:00 - noon Morning class
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:15 - 3:00 pm Afternoon TCW Discussion session
- Departure (at your convenience)
Accommodations for TCW and Summer School will be in the Yudof Residence Hall - one of the newest residence halls on campus. Details and information can be found at https://uces.umn.edu/yudof
The university housing facilities do not provide hangers nor any toiletries. You will need to bring your own personal soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc. They do provide linens, a blanket, pillow, and towel for each guest which can be exchanged at the front desk for fresh supplies. Unless there is a facilities emergency, the staff do not enter the rooms so there will be no housekeeping provided. Free laundry facilities are available, so you will be able to wash clothes, however, detergent and fabric softener are not provided.
Yudof Hall Room Furnishings
All units in Yudof Hall include the following:
Evening Dance Programmes
Links to downloadable dance cues and cribs: