Welcome to the Scottish Country Dance Teachers' Association (Canada)
AN UPDATE FROM THE SUMMER EVENTS COMMITTEE REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS
The Summer Events Committee is monitoring the Covid-19 situation and keeping apprised of guidelines issued by the Province of Alberta regarding events and gatherings. At present we are planning to go ahead, but the situation is very fluid. However, please know if TAC or Mount Royal University cancels the event at any point, you will receive a full refund.
If you choose to cancel on or before July 2 you will receive a full refund less a $50 CDN administrative fee. Cancellations after July 2 will incur a $150 CDN administrative fee. We would prefer not to charge the administrative fee, but our transaction costs to date are in excess of $3000.
We are also eliminating the 10% fee increase after the “early bird” deadline. Prices as posted on the fee schedule and application forms will be honored throughout registration.
The Summer Events Committee encourages everyone to invest in travel insurance. We remind those who are planning to drive to Calgary that there is free on-campus parking for residents. Those who are planning to fly may want to wait before purchasing their tickets as airlines' cancellation policies are currently in flux.
TAC supports Scottish Country Dance Teachers and Dancers in North America and throughout the world. We have been serving the dance community for over 60 years and continue to grow and evolve.
- Each year we organize a week-long Summer School with classes open to all levels of dancers from basic through experienced; Summer School is hosted at venues in Canada and the USA in late July or early August
- We offer training for dancers wishing to become teachers
- We offer scholarships to attend Summer School as a teacher candidate, dancer, or musician
- Through TACBooks and TACSound we offer access to dance descriptions and music
- Our outreach program offers assistance to teachers and dancers in isolated locations or who may not have access to qualified teachers
If you are a teacher of Scottish Country Dance having passed RSCDS Teaching Certificate Level 1 (Units 1, 2 & 3 or the Prelim) or Level 2 (Units 4 & 5 or Full), join the group and have access to the full range of services and support that TAC offers.
Where are our members located?
- Canada: 35%
- USA: 40%
- Rest of the World: 25%
Our goals and objectives are to:
- encourage and promote participation in Scotland's heritage of Country Dancing
- promote the highest possible level of approved standards of Scottish Country Dancing
- foster excellence in the teaching of Scottish Country Dancing
- undertake to preserve and disseminate materials supportive of the above objectives
- promote the continuance of the musical tradition in Scottish Country Dancing
- stimulate co-operation between all teachers and dancers